Legend Of Zelda: The Remix Legend Of Zelda: The Remix

-----

not that great...

~ Midnight-Rave ~ ~ Midnight-Rave ~

Not bad!

It's a good song with good melodies and beats. Very creative, and the synths are used very artistically. I like how you speed up the tempo at the beginning.

In my humble opinion, I would like more of a heavier, deeper, louder bass synth. It almost seems as if there is no bass but only some low string synth or something. I don't really like the ending, but it works. That's what I would change, but over all you have skill.

I'm not claiming to be a master or that my music is perfect, but I do think that we can all learn stuff from reviews. Best of luck in your music - I'll try to review a couple other songs of yours throughout the next couple weeks if I have time.

Cheers,

Catstuffer responds:

Hey thanks, I guess It really depends on what kind of headphones you use to make a song. I always find the bass overpowering so I tune it down a bit. Mby I sound try a few pairs of headphones to see where I should put the levels.

Oh, and one more q... you can just PM me with the answer... have u ever / do you play BHD? (Black Hawk Down)

DJJuntas-Curse of Ahti DJJuntas-Curse of Ahti

Not bad!

For a first song, that is not bad at all! I really enjoyed the intro (up to 7 seconds). It gave the beginning a feel of suspense. You used good synths, better synths than I used when I started. I liked the melodies. I also like how you made the main synth glide from not to note.
If I could improve some things about the song, I would first give it a stronger kick / bass drum beat. That would help it feel more driving and techno-ish. Personally, I would do the bass notes on the offbeats instead of having the bass start on the first downbeat and hold through the whole bar.
Other than that, I liked your creativity. Keep working - you are already better than lots of people at FL, or even music in general.

DJJuntas responds:

THANKS!!! Yeah i rushed a little to get it out...i mean i've learned so much about fruity loops in the five days its been out, shows i could hav made it a lot better. still don't like the solo synth, working on that. And i copy pasted the drums a bit too much... But yeah thanks man!! might re-release it. who knows...

The Kriotube The Kriotube

Another near-perfect

It is impossible to achieve the perfect song, but you are one of the closest I've heard to doing it. In short, the song is amazing. It tells a story. You have achieved greatness. Be proud!
~NightHawk22

Invertica Invertica

not bad...

That's a pretty jammin' beat, but I don't think it's techno. Don't get me wrong, it is creative. I think it would go better in the dnb or ambient sections.

RezErection RezErection

spelling?

You spelled it wrong - it's Resurrection. Good tune, though! I wish it built up faster. But it was very catchy and well-made.

RyeGuyHead responds:

Haha I'll fix that right now for you.

I said it once, I'll say it again...my spelling is lame

Aladdin 20XX Aladdin 20XX

More of a hip hip

This is good, but it is more of a hip hop song or maybe even a drum /n bass, but I don't think it belongs in the tecnho forum. Great work, though!

Flight of the Hawkins Flight of the Hawkins

Could have used better synths

Not bad. I've definitely heard this before. What is it from? Anyways, You could have used better synths. I think the beginning took too long to build. But that's just me. Keep up the work.

"Battlezone" Preview "Battlezone" Preview

Should have taken this a different direction

You had something going at the beginning there. All it needed was a little work and it could have been a superb drum 'n bass track. That's what I think you should have done with it. After 0:27 is completely different from before, it's almost as if it's a new song. Around 1:41 the synth gets kind of out of tune and icky.. but maybe you were trying to do that. Not a bad song, just not what I would have hoped.
NightHawk22

Instrumental #4 (Karco Remix) Instrumental #4 (Karco Remix)

Awesome

Karco,
I really liked this one. It was awesome. Where do you find all your good drum samples? I seem to have a little trouble with that. Just wanted to let you know that I like your song and great work!

Karco responds:

All of the drums in this track are VECs 1 and 2. :)

Thanks for reviewing!