Energize 2 Energize 2

good for starters

yeah, I can see some similarities, it's pretty good. I like how you changed up the hihat, didn't do that when I first started. Now I'm no DnB expert, but I think it could have a little more complexity in the drums. check out ParagonX9's stuff. In particular, Defection and Chaoz Japan. In fact, anything that starts with Chaoz is pretty much insane.

boney-man responds:

true.

i love chaoz japan.

Techno Dance Party Techno Dance Party

relaxing...

you live off-beat drums don't you?! It's kind of relaxing. It is good, but If you were going for the rave party style techno, then you might improve by adding in a hihat on the up-beats, and add some faster moving 16th notes. Also more biting leads, the ones you used were really relaxed, slurred, etc. But if you were going for the relaxing style, then great job!

Archduke responds:

Lots of people are saying this is a pretty relaxing song, haha, I was actually going for the rave party style techno.

The lead synths do need a bit more bite though, all I could find were softer ones haha.

Thanks for hte Review!

The Random Theme Song The Random Theme Song

wonderful!

Love the drums and the strings at the beginning, what's that synth supposed to be? I like it! It's mysterious, and adds to the feel. I think you need to be a little more creative with your names. What did this song make you think of? What did you envision in your head when you listened to it?
Great job though!
5/5

Archduke responds:

Haha, my names can use a little work. What I was envisioning when I made it? Thats a mystery :).

Thanks for the Reviews!
Archduke

Time (Pt. 2) Time (Pt. 2)

much better than part 1!

I like the intro in this one. The drums are still a little off at times, but I like it. The bass is still good, You used better synths, so it covered up the lack of many layers. I like it when you switch the synths on me. Intermediate part is relaxing, like the drums in it, the steady hihat. What program do you use?
Good piano, just think you could find a better sample. But anyways, I love piano in techno video game trance music (if you couldn't tell from my music!) So kudos for that! Way better than part one!
great improvement!

Thanks for the Review!

The program I use is Reason, and I'm trying to learn FL Studio, but Reason is just so much more straight forward haha.

Archduke
(Oh yea, congrats on your Platinum on hyperdestructive.)

Time (Part 1) Time (Part 1)

nice job,

I like it over all. It's pretty good. I think that it could use a couple more layers to make it more complex. I love the bass. The drums are a but unsettling. but over all good job.

Archduke responds:

Thanks man! I really liked the bass too, and the drums can be worked on. I kidna found how off they were when I went back to remake it into part 2.

Thanks for the review!

Reconciled Reconciled

sweet!

Love the piano, loved the techno lead sound the beat is unsettling, but that's what makes it unique, great work, hope I can hear the one you made for me sometime. I heard of a good zipping program called winrar. it can zip better than winzip apparrently, so email me - cougarfan06@gmail.com
and, again, great piece! keep 'em comin'

Grand Opening Day Grand Opening Day

great

great job man!
(you know who I am)

Karco -- Falling Farther -- Karco -- Falling Farther --

great work yet again!

I love the piano sample, or what you did to it anyways. It suddenly builds with intensity. Not very long, but still inspiring and dark and dreary at the same time. It would make a good intro to the theme of your next song. I'm telling you, you have something in you for classical!
your friend,

Karco responds:

Hah! I found this one not by clicking on the "Reviews for Karco -- Falling Farther -- ! button, but instead by clicking on the list of your reviews. Weird, that it won't show up on my page. Anyway...

Not much else to add. Glad you like it so much! (And an intro to the theme of my next song? Do you mean whatever's my work in progress right now, or the latest on my audio page - my unnamed song? Aah, well.)

Glad you like it, NightHawk. I am pretty good with classical but like I said in my other response, I'm just about done with it. For now or for good, I'm not sure. But thanks for the review, and glad you like it.

Karco -- -- Karco -- --

classical..?

are you moving to the classical genre?
well, so far, I like it. I like the piano, but I think you could probably find better samples for the orchestra. Like one that has smoother transitions b/t notes. I have no problem with the melody or notes, it's just samples. Although I hear a great brass sample in there. What inspired this piece? It seems pretty dark near the end. Like something you'd hear in a movie after the village is raided and destroyed. It was great, It faded in at the beginning and out at the end. I love it, I also think you could find a better piano sample. That sustains the notes longer.
over all great work, I can feel your emotions in this one.
NightHawk22
What did you use? Not FL, right?
anyways, long time no review, thought I'd catch up on your latest.

Karco responds:

Hey, NightHawk. Odd, I found a new review on both songs but it only shows up on this one. I'll respond to this one first and see if the other one shows up after this.

The answer is no, I'm not moving to the classical genre. I've just been trying my hand in it lately to see how good I am with it. And I think I'm not that bad... heh. But I'm just about done, I think, with one more song I'm still deciding whether or not I want to submit. (If you or anyone else wants to hear it if I don't, just send me a PM.)

Well, I agree I could find better samples for the orchestra - everything I used was FREE! (Not illegal, just free. Soundfonts and all.) So, naturally, it isn't as high quality as the music that comes out of those who bought their instruments. (And, actually, I did use FL. Hah! I can give you the soundfonts I used if you want them, though. Drop me a PM sometime.)

Nothing else to add. Thanks for the review, Nighthawk, glad you enjoyed my song. I definitely did put a lot of effort into it.

Hold It Down Hold It Down

nice beat!

now, I don't usually listen to hip hop, but I gotta say, you've got it goin on, man! That's a sweet beat, I especially like the part where the bass comes in. I also like your piano a lot. I'm no pro on hip hop, but this is great! 5/5